Hi there - I only want the validation rule below to apply to the work item type stories in this workflow (the workflow applies to stories and bugs as they both have the same requirements from our audit team). How can I make it so it only applies to work item type = Story?
Hi, @Natalie Cotela
Option 1 - using builtin functionality. Make separate workflow for Story issue type. And add there validator. It's easiest way how to make it.
Option 2 - if you have ScriptRunner for cloud, you can create scripted validator, that will check issue type on validation.
Ah. Magoo. I don't want to add another workflow if I don't have to. Shoot.
Hi @Natalie Cotela
Sadly not possible out of the box.
You need JMWE or another third-party app, and you can use Jira expressions to validate.
Those are way more powerful and can do what you need.
Regards
You could create multiple transitions and create a condition so that each is only available for a specific work type. Then you can apply the validation that you need on each transition. It isn't a great solution, but does address your requirement without the need for a marketplace app.
That said, ScriptRunner or JMWE or JWT really provide a lot of additional capability that make workflows much more functional.
@Derek Fields _RightStar_suggested a good solution for your scenario. You need to create two separate transitions in the workflow:
Issue Type = Story
Issue Type != Story
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.