Hello there,
i was using the free site to organize my personal documents, and only lately got frequent messages about it going to be deleted. I always logged in and actively used it, still now it seems all my personal confluence has been deleted - I have been using it for years nothing changed in my use-behavior. I was thinking about going paid but so far the free plan was working well. Now woke up with this mess.
First: This is a nightmare, and absolute one of the main reasons why one goes cloud - to not lose data. Thanks a lot.
Second: If you want free users to move to paid, deleting the whole data they have been using for years is absolutely devastating move. It shows fragility exactly where a cloud service should show its strength
I am absolutely devastated and will only warn people about the fact that atlassian seems to delete ACTIVE confluence databases for whatever reason. This is not a free plan this is a trap.
My jira is still working btw.
Thanks and goodbye
[update]
just got this answer from the support team on behalf of my ticket
"I understand the importance of reactivating your Confluence as it contains all your data and information.
Upon checking, I can confirm that your Confluence E-3ZK-NAA-WRQ-H4B has gone through the standard automated deactivation and deletion process. Notification emails were sent to you, the site admin, on December 31, 2025, January 08, 2026, and January 15, 2026.
Because the site has completed this automated process, the associated data has been permanently deleted, and we’re no longer able to recover it.
"
[update]
Thanks to the atlassian cloud support my data has been successfully restored today 