Hello Atlassian Support Team,
I’m experiencing an issue with a Company-managed Scrum board where issues from a newly created Team-managed project do not appear in the backlog, while issues from other Team-managed projects do.
Here is the detailed setup and reproduction scenario:
I created three Team-managed projects: A, B, and C.
I created one Company-managed project named “Weekly”.
Inside the Weekly project, I created a Scrum board named “2026”.
The Scrum board uses a filter with only the following JQL:
ORDER BY Rank ASC
Each week, I create a weekly sprint in the “2026” board.
For sprint planning, I pull issues from projects A, B, and C into the weekly sprint.
Issues from A, B, and C appear correctly in the backlog and can be added to sprints.
I then created an additional Team-managed project D.
I added issues to project D, but those issues do NOT appear in the backlog of the “2026” board at all.
Important observations:
The board filter does not restrict projects.
Issues from A, B, and C (also Team-managed projects) are visible.
Only issues from project D are missing.
I do have permission to browse project D, and the issues are visible in Issue Search.
My questions are:
1. Are Company-managed Scrum boards officially supported to show issues from Team-managed projects?
2. If not supported, why are issues from A, B, and C visible, while D is not?
3. Is there any known limitation related to Rank, sprint management, or board visibility when mixing Team-managed and Company-managed projects?
4. Is there a recommended or supported way to run a centralized weekly sprint board across multiple Team-managed teams?
At this point, the behavior is inconsistent and difficult to explain internally, so I’d appreciate clarification on whether this is expected behavior, a configuration issue, or a product limitation.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,