I spent several hours of frustration today "arguing" with Rovo while trying to setup a fairly simple automation rule. I think this is likely something many many people would do. Here's the skeleton of the rule:
When a work item is transitioned
IF status = A THEN do X
IF status = B THEN do Y
IF status = C THEN do Z
in my cloud tenant, I no longer have the components available to me for nested if/else conditions. They are gone. There is no way to actually create such a rule. My only option in the end was to create three separate rules (all of which run on every transition of every work item in my project).
Now imagine I had 50 statuses to evaluate, and I have 5000 work items open in a single project. Every transition of every work item will fire off 50 automation rules, only one of which actually means anything.
How is this good design? Why is something like a simple IF/THEN/ELSE logic tree no longer possible? Why remove this (and apparently many, many other previously available components and actions? How is this improving anything?
Someone please tell me I've been lead astray and that I am totally wrong in this assessment. I so want to be wrong...
Also: for those who care, apparently Rovo cannot see ANYTHING in your actual tenant. So when you are asking it questions, it can't even see the rule or any of its components or settings that you are working on. It is given an empty context and a useless URL for the rule. It only knows what's in the rule if you feed it detailed descriptions or screen shots. It has ZERO knowledge of the new UI, and it has no concept of what is or isn't available for components or actions. Yet this ROVO is the greatest thing since sliced bread?
What good is an AI agent/chatbot that doesn't know anything about your tenant? Or even the data on the screen?