First of all, thank you in advance for any assistance!
With that said, I have used Jira for many years, but had a pause for about a year and came back to the new cloud version with the Assets feature. In the past, I had used the recommended RefTab product, and thought it was great but decided to give Jira's Asset product a try.
My question comes down to:
I have my Hardware asset categories set, i.e. Laptops, Workstations, Servers, etc. I also used the IT Equipment template that has the "Models" Object types. When I create a new laptop (or other device), there is a "Model Name" attribute that appears to link to my "Models" Object types. Rather than putting everything in one big bucket, I thought I could also create model categories such as laptops, workstations, servers, etc, where I could put the common configs for our semi-standardized enviroment. Example: Lenovo Thinkpad, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11, 500Gb SSD, etc. However, when I go to add an object type it does not seem to pull from the object type subcategories. Is there a way to do this?