My company changed my email account. Now I can only log in with the new one and all my qualifications are on my old one. How do I link both so I can see my certs etc
Hi @O_Brien_ Pat
It's because Atlassian use email as user identifier. In your case it created a new account. Update the Atlassian account email depends on the way users are managed on your Cloud instance.
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-cloud/kb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses/
Regards
So I had an account and it looks like it created a new account when my email address was changed. But now I can't access my old account. Is that it, do you think? My old account is inaccessible now and my qualifications are gone?? There's no way of contacting Atlassian to investigate this? Thanks for your help
I do not know what you mean by qualifications but I think a new account has been created so you no longer have access to your previous content. I think Confluence admins on your side can find this content and share it with you. Also depending on how the accounts are managed in your company they may be able to just rename your old account (eg: kb shared above).
At this stage, you should reach out to your org admins for this.
It was an Atlassian University Badge for Confluence Fundamentals. Looks like I can't retrieve it, not great considering how many times companies change their email address. Ah well
@O_Brien_ Pat Welcome to the Atlassian community.
It may be that you need to link the accounts. See this post and let us know if it works or you have further questions: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Community-Announcements-articles/Manage-your-Atlassian-Community-profile/ba-p/2958563
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.