I have created a company managed ITSM space in JSM cloud. I am the Org admin and Jira admin. When Customers send an email and include a work item key in the email subject, I want that email to be added as a comment on the existing work item, however my space keeps creating net-new tickets.
I have followed the instructions here but it is still creating net-new tickets even when an existing work item key is included in the email subject: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/allow-external-emails-to-be-added-as-comments-on-issues/
I have done the following but it is still creating net-new tickets. Any ideas on how to fix? Am I missing a step? ...or is this an Atlassian bug I need to report?
- In Jira Admin settings > Configuration: I set Allow All Emails that contain a valid issue key to be added as comment to the issue to YES
- In Jira Admin settings > Customer Access: I checked Allow customers to create accounts and within that also checked customers can access and send requests from the portal without logging in
- In Jira Admin settings > Customer Access > Account Types > Internal: I checked to use approved domains and confirmed that the customer sending the test email is using the approved domain
- In Jira Admin settings > Customer Access > Account Types > External: I checked to allow portal-only accts to be created
- Confirmed that Channel Access is set to Open for this space
- I am testing this with an active Customer account