Hi all,
I’m running into a strange issue with the new Jira work items macro in Confluence Cloud, and I’m not sure if this is a bug, a limitation, or something I’m doing wrong.
Problem:
We’re using Confluence Cloud for our documentation. The structure is roughly, e.g;
What works
If I use the Jira legacy macro (old Jira issues macro) inside this structure (including inside the Page Properties macro), the Jira issues render correctly.
If I use the new Jira work items macro at the top level of a page (not nested inside Page Properties / Include / etc.) with the same JQL, it also renders correctly.
What doesn’t work
When I put the new Jira work items macro in a nested context, it just shows “Searching…” and never displays any issues. For example:
Inside a Page Properties macro table cell
Or inside content that is brought in via Include page, which then might be inside an Expand macro
In the same spot:
Permissions don’t seem to be the problem:
Steps to reproduce (simplified)
Create a page.
Insert a Page Properties macro.
Inside the Page Properties table, in one cell, insert a Jira work items macro with a valid JQL (one that returns issues when used elsewhere).
Publish the page.
Actual result:
The Jira work items macro shows “Searching…” and never loads any issues.
Expected result:
The Jira work items macro should render the issues the same way it does when used at the top level, or as the legacy Jira macro does in the same location.
Questions
Is this a known limitation or bug with the new Jira work items macro when it’s nested inside:
Is there any supported pattern or workaround for using Jira work items together with Page Properties for release notes/reporting scenarios?
Should we keep using the legacy Jira macro in nested contexts for now?
Any confirmation, workaround, or official guidance from Atlassian or others who’ve hit this would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance!