<span>I’m using Jira Cloud REST API endpoint: GET /rest/api/3/project/search Is there any way to exclude specific project IDs directly in the request (for example, something like NOT IN or !=)? I already know that the `id` parameter works only as an include filter and that `query` is just a text search. Is there any supported way to apply exclude logic on API level, or is post-filtering in code the only option?</span>
Hi @Maxim Korhov
The JQL syntax to exlude all work item (issues) from a certain project is:
project!='Project name'
or using project id 10000:
project!=10000
Keep in mind that the <span>GET /rest/api/3/project/search</span> endpoint is soon going to be remove and you should be using GET /rest/api/3/search/jql instead: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get
<span>GET /rest/api/3/project/search</span>
Using that API to search projects, JQL is not used. The only way I can see would be to get all the project ids and then pass in a subset of them to that REST API using the keys parameter. Or you could search using project categories perhaps?
I think this answer mixes up searching for issues with JQL and searching for projects, which is not changing AFAIK
Yes you're right.
Doesn't seem like you can achieve what the author is asking for with just one API call.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.