For some of our IT Operations teams we have recurring tasks that need to be done every week or month.
Just using the Automation - "Set To Recur" feature will allow me to create another ticket exactly the same as the original, but there's a few more steps I'd like to happen that I'm not sure how to achieve
- Add the new ticket to the same parent Epic as the original
- Populate the Due Date to be 7 days after the ticket is created
- Append the Due Date to the ticket subject, so there's an obvious difference
- Add the new ticket to the current active Sprint
Anyone done this that can share a few pointers?
I was thinking that if I add a label of "Recurring" to the original ticket then I can use that to help target any automations on just the tickets that need it.
This is currently a Team Managed Project if that makes a difference, but will be moving to a Company Managed in due course
Thanks