Hi. I have the following automation.

As you can see, this is meant to trigger on any new issues in the backlog, so that they may receive the New status, so that a team lead can go through them at. This mostly works fine, but the "Status equals Backlog" is not working properly. If I create a new Work Item, and directly gives it the status In Progress, it still matches the filter, as seen in the image below, from the history of a newly created Work Item.

Presumably this is because Jira doesn't actually created the Work Item with the specified status, but rather creates a new Work Item, and then through a separate operation sets the status. Image below is from I created the issue, where it looks like I took a separate action to set the status, but in reality I picked the "In Progress" status in the creation view. I did not manually change it later.

This essentially means that the "Status" cannot be used as a filter in automations for Work Item Created, because it will always have status "Backlog". Is there any workaround to this? It's very annoying, and we frequently have issues ending up with status "New" even though it's already being worked on.