Hi,
I'd like to create a API GET URL that allows me to return all issues that have a custom drop down field set to a certain value, something along the lines of
url = "https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search/jql=customfield_12345.id=54321"
The custom field when I look at each issue has the associated data
"customfield_12345": {"id": "54321","self": "https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/customFieldOption/54321","value": "This is the selected value string"},
Obviously I am not querying correctly, but I have tried multiple versions and looked around for similar examples, but no joy.
Any help appreciated
Hi @mike_littlewood
You need to use https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search/jql?jql=<name of custom field> = <name of the option>
Adding to this...
You can build the query in the Search work items screen in the Jira UI to help you get the values you need from the URL for the page.
Thank you to both, I will have a go at this.
I also like the pointer to the search work items screen, did not know about this, pretty new to Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.