Hi community,
I’m trying to configure an incoming email channel in Jira Service Management (Cloud) using a Microsoft 365 shared mailbox, but I’m running into issues with the email setup flow.
Situation:
Jira Service Management Cloud
Free plan
Microsoft 365 tenant
Goal: authenticate via OAuth with my personal Microsoft account, then select/add a shared mailbox as the support email
Problems encountered:
In JSM → Space settings → Email, the button “Continue with other” does not respond at all.
When using “Continue with Microsoft”, authentication succeeds, but:
We currently added the shared mailbox by overriding a Microsoft 365 policy, but this is not a permanent or desired solution.
What I want instead is:
Proper OAuth authentication
Using my personal account to authorize
Then selecting the shared mailbox normally, without policy overrides
- Or authorize with the "Continue with other" button
What I’ve checked/tried:
Verified correct site URL
Confirmed shared mailbox exists and is active
Confirmed I have access to the shared mailbox in Microsoft 365
Issue persists regardless of browser
Question:
- Is it expected behavior that shared mailboxes cannot be selected during OAuth?
Are there specific Microsoft 365 permissions, roles, or admin consent settings required to make shared mailboxes selectable?
Or is this a known UI / OAuth issue where buttons fail to respond?
Any guidance, documentation, or confirmation of limitations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Jerrel