I’m trying to create a new Space in Jira by importing a CSV file. It’s going fine until I get to the date formatting. I’ve updated my spreadsheet and the date format in Jira in multiple formats but still isn’t working. Attached is a screenshot of the error message.
Hello @Jessica Wagner
Can you provide an example of the content of the those fields in your CSV file?
Hi Jessica,
The default for Jira is dd/MMM/yy
So 3 M's
Make sure the CSV uses that same date format for all of the dates in the CSV.
Hi @Jessica Wagner
Based on you example in reply to the post of @Trudy P Claspill , adjust the date format on the import settings.
So based on the example, is should be MM/dd/yyyy
Simplest way to check this is to export some issues from your instance and open the exported file in a plain text editor, this will provide you with the date format that is used.
I did start it that way and it didn't work. How is the month 3 digits though?
Based on the stated format being dd/MM/yy you need to be using 2 digit for each element;
01/01/26
01/22/26
If you used MMM then you would use the first three letters of the month name;
01/JAN/26
Combo of these responses did the trick! Thank you all!
@Jessica Wagner What format did you end up using?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.