Hello everyone,
I’m currently setting up a Jira Service Management project and I’m facing a permissions issue that I’d like to clarify.
Context:
A Jira Service Management project has been created (company-managed).
I have been added as owner & admin of the service project space (I can access the portal, tickets, space settings).
Issue:
I do not have access to edit the following Jira configuration :
Automation rules
SLAs
Workflows
Issue types
- etc
From what I understand, these settings are managed at the Jira project level, not at the service project space level.
My questions:
Is it expected that being space owner & admin does not grant access to Jira project settings?
To manage automations, SLAs and workflows, do I specifically need to be added as Project administrator ? If yes, how to do so ?
Are there any other roles or permission schemes that could explain this behavior?
The goal is simply to be able to configure and operate the setup properly, without requesting global Jira admin rights.
Thanks in advance for your help!