Hello 👋
I would like to restrict the use of the “sprint” field to a group of users.➡️ How can I do this?
Thank you for your help 🙏
Hi @Sébastien OZANNE
Are you working in a Company managed or Team managed sprint?
In a Company managed project this is defined by the permission schema and the permission 'Manage sprints'
In a Team managed space you need to have the role Administrator
Best regards,/Staffan
Hello,
Welcome to community
there is no direct way to do this.
You may check this article on how to restrict field editing only to set of users . you would have to put the conditions on all the status in workflow :https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/how-to-restrict-field-editing-to-specific-users-in-jira-cloud/
Thank You,
Prachi
Hi !
Company-managed software.
I thought it was Schedule Issues.
Thanks !
Doesn't work or I didn't succeed.
I could work but sprint field can be edit with drag n' drop through backlog screen.
Sprint field is being controlled by Manage sprints permission in your company-managed projects. Ranking work items in a sprint is being controlled by Edit and Schedule issues permissions as well. You want to remove the group from the Manage sprints permission in your scheme.
Hello @Sébastien OZANNE
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
To be able to change the Sprint field, a user must have:
Edit issues
Schedule issues
So to restrict specific users from editing Sprint, you can perform the following:
Go to the project:Spcae settings → Permissions
Find the Edit issues and Schedule issues permissions.
Make sure only the groups you want are granted these permissions.
Remove the groups that contain users you want to block from changing sprints.
Thank you!
Swathi
Hi,It could be OK but I want then to be able to update summary, description, parent...So, not a solution I think.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.