Hi Team,
I’m using a Jira Cloud instance and trying to fetch Team members for a particular project so that I can use the data inside a Jira Automation rule.
While searching, I found the following API:
Teams Members Public API – POST
/public/teams/v1/org/{orgId}/teams/{teamId}/members
When I test this API, it returns a valid response, but when I use the same API in Jira Automation → Send web request and try to log the response (for example, {{webResponse.body}}), the log action shows an empty value.
Because of this limitation, I’m looking for a Jira-supported REST API, preferably under:
rest/api/3/...
My requirements:
Find Team members associated with a specific project
Use the API response inside a Jira Automation rule
Avoid APIs that don’t expose data properly in Automation logs
Questions:
Is there any Jira Cloud REST API (rest/api/3) available to fetch Team members?
Why does the Teams Members Public API return a response but appear empty in Automation logs?
What is the recommended or supported approach to access Team members in Automation?
Thanks in advance.