Hi all!
I didn't find a specific product feedback or suggestion board, so I am dropping this here.
I just noticed that in Confluence even specific functional terms like "space" are being translated. At least in german that is the case (This being translated to "Bereich").
This is not good practice and creates issues regarding user documentation and training for end users.
In ITIL and FitSM, as an example, it has always been standard to not translate functional terms like "Change" or "Incident". In german they are not translated to "Änderung" or "Ereignis".
This ensures that when searching for support online or giving training internally that all users, regardless of language setting (a lot of german users, especially younger ones, use english language setting nowadays for easier and more online search and support), use identical terms for identical things.
It is VERY disruptive, if some use "Bereich" and others (including the internet) use "space".
My suggestion is that even when translating (at least pertaining to german) Atlassian-specific functional termins like "space" are not translated when switching languages.
Cheers
Colin