Error Message
The field customfield_10085 is not valid for this request type Problem.
What I’m trying to do :
I’m integrating Jira Service Management with my Node.js backend.
I want to add a custom field to a customer-created ticket and submit it using the Service Desk customer API: /rest/servicedeskapi
Problem I’m facing
Although the custom field exists and works internally, it is not exposed to the customer endpoint (/rest/servicedeskapi). Because of this, when I try to create a ticket of type Problem, Jira throws the error that the custom field is not valid for this request type.
What I’ve already checked
I went through all available Project / Space settings
I can mostly see options related to Work Types
I do not see any clear option to manage or enable Request Types
I tried updating all settings that seemed relevant, but the field is still not available via the customer API
My question
How can I expose or enable a custom field so that it is accepted by the customer-facing Service Desk API (/rest/servicedeskapi) for a specific request type (Problem)?
I’m attaching screenshots of the settings I checked for reference.
