I am looking for a tool in JIRA that allow us to schedule tasks based on the effort, deadlines and team capacity.
Hi Mathy,
Can you give us more details? Maybe include an exact use case/scenario?
Hi @Mathy De Backer
You can explore apps on the Atlassian Marketplace, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=resource
If you would like to try a mktplace app for tracking resource workload and capacity planning across multiple projects/boards, take a look at
Capacity Planner
The app offers:
1. Resource Tracking and Allocation : The app allows you to monitor and track various resources by adding them as part of a template, and their work allocation across multiple projects / sprints.
2. Real-time Visualization: Provides intuitive charts, graphs to visualize resource utilization and capacity levels in real-time.
3. Full Sprint / Project Fix version Capacity and Monitoring
Mode details here
Disclaimer : I am one of the app team member
I agree with @John Funk more elaboration would be very helpful.
As has been mentioned in the earlier comments there are going to be a variety of options available on the marketplace and the right one for your needs will be dependant on exactly what you're optimising for.
The free app that I've been developing as a side-project at Atlassian might be worth exploring: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1238160/sprint-capacity-analysis
I'm always keen to get feedback on it, even if it's not the right fit for your needs then its useful to learn about feature gaps and improvements that I can make.
Hi @Mathy De Backer,
There are quite a few different tools available on the Atlassian Marketplace that could work for this. The best fit really depends on your specific workflow and what matters most to your team.
One option worth looking at is ActivityTimeline. It integrates with JIRA and lets you schedule tasks visually based on team capacity and effort estimates. You can see who's available, drag tasks around on timelines, and it works with the time tracking you're already doing in JIRA. It gives you that bird's-eye view of resource allocation across projects, which makes it easier to balance workloads and hit deadlines.
It's designed for the kind of capacity-based scheduling you're asking about, so might be worth checking out alongside other marketplace options. Hope that helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.