Hi,
am in process of trying to extend my use and use API. After much back and forward I find Jira Cloud tenant on version 1001.0.0‑SNAPSHOT: /rest/api/3/search removed but /search/jql returns 400.
Server Version:(anonymized)
"baseUrl": "https://me.atlassian.net",
"displayUrl": "https://me.atlassian.net",
"displayUrlServicedeskHelpCenter": "https://me.atlassian.net",
"displayUrlCSMHelpSeeker": "https://me.atlassian.net",
"displayUrlConfluence": "https://me.atlassian.net",
"version": "1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT",
"versionNumbers": [1001, 0, 0],
"deploymentType": "Cloud",
"buildNumber": 100290,
"buildDate": "2026-01-05T23:04:48.000+1300",
"serverTime": "2026-01-06T08:50:53.035+1300",
"scmInfo": "24daf3b4da6f45fef3376e2f3be2673a06f096c0",
"serverTitle": "Jira",
"defaultLocale": {
"locale": "en_US"
},
"serverTimeZone": "Etc/UTC"I reverted to VS Code REST Client for testing.
I have tested the connection so I believe the API Token is correct:
Connected to Jira successfully
{"self":"https://me.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user?accountId=5e7d64ab7276650c2d63933b","accountId":"5e7d64ab7276650c2d63933b","accountType":"atlassian","emailAddress":"me@gmail.com","avatarUrls":{"48x48":"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/52b3de527ee336e37112266712f049ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FNC-3.png","24x24":"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/52b3de527ee336e37112266712f049ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FNC-3.png","16x16":"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/52b3de527ee336e37112266712f049ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FNC-3.png","32x32":"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/52b3de527ee336e37112266712f049ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FNC-3.png"},"displayName":"my name","active":true,"timeZone":"Pacific/Auckland","locale":"en_US","groups":{"size":9,"
items":[]},"applicationRoles":{"size":2,"items":[]},"expand":"groups,applicationRoles"}
my POST payload is :
Authorization: Basic <encoded string>
Content-Type: application/json
{
"queries": [
{
"query": {
"jql": "project = A7TD ORDER BY created DESC"
},
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 200
}
]
}
Result:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8 Content-Length: 97 Connection: close Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2026 19:47:12 GMT Server: AtlassianEdge Timing-Allow-Origin: * X-Arequestid: 4d3ff73eea854d6b00640f22b6b59d48 X-Aaccountid: 5e7d64ab7276650c2d63933b Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache X-Ratelimit-Limit: 200 X-Ratelimit-Remaining: 199 X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block Atl-Traceid: 54b48f3ec2dc4bd8b09f7e39fe231ede Atl-Request-Id: 54b48f3e-c2dc-4bd8-b09f-7e39fe231ede Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload Report-To: {"endpoints": [{"url": "https://dz8aopenkvv6s.cloudfront.net"}], "group": "endpoint-1", "include_subdomains": true, "max_age": 600} Nel: {"failure_fraction": 0.01, "include_subdomains": true, "max_age": 600, "report_to": "endpoint-1"} Server-Timing: atl-edge;dur=60,atl-edge-internal;dur=16,atl-edge-upstream;dur=45,atl-edge-pop;desc="aws-ap-southeast-2" X-Cache: Error from cloudfront Via: 1.1 7db5377feb489b47bff3953c97f4eaac.cloudfront.net (CloudFront) X-Amz-Cf-Pop: AKL53-P2 X-Amz-Cf-Id: 9d-GSGCKP1AL4Cx5S9H0zwK4j-Eqjd2o2JRSl83qxY4yjEVjh01AbA== { "errorMessages": [ "Invalid request payload. Refer to the REST API documentation and try again." ] }
As a freeloader on this magnificent platform, what are my options here? (other than $$$$)?
And yes, I am playing on the edge of my competence! :-)
Cheers Nick