Hi everyone,
Following last month's announcement regarding ability to deploy multiple sandboxes, I became curious if anyone has taken advantage of this change.
The last environment I've managed had JSM, Confluence and Jira sandboxes that were refreshed monthly, and sometimes before updates / major changes.
Curios about:
- Are you using multiple sandboxes for same product?
- Do you follow the recommended workflow for promoting changes?
- How do you decide what changes can be introduced direct-to-prod vs sandbox-first? Is there a policy or best practice you follow?
In my latest engagement I've made many types of changes directly in prod. Arguably things like context selection changes, making fields optional / mandatory or hidden / visible, permissions changes and probably a few more common change types are harmless enough for a direct-to-prod. I've done a lot of workflow changes in prod too, usually when I know I have a back-up in sandbox for reference and a change is simple enough.
I can't only think of one instance where I relied on a Confluence sandbox, and that's to propose page tree changes to content / space owners.
Please share your use cases and workflows involving sandboxes!