I am unable to connect Confluence with a Google account.
The use case:
- I insert, on a Confluence page or in a Database, a link to a file stored in Google Drive
- Smart link appears, with the Connect to Google button
- When attempting to connect to the Google account, an error appears:
This app is blocked. This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access.
This has worked fine earlier in 2025 from a different Atlassian organization.
I have found various Q&As about similar issues and tried the following:
- Delete all Cookies
- Start from a private browser
- Try from a different device where none of the accounts was ever used
- Start from a new user in Confluence that was never connected to any Google account
- Try connecting to a different Google account (none is working)
- Private Gmail
- Google Workspace
- Google Workspace that is connected to a different Atlassian organization and working there
- Change to more secure login (anyway using Passkeys for all users)
I suspect that this could have something to do with Google's changed policy on connecting less secure third apps. But Confluence is supposed to connect based on OAuth 2.0.
I have tried third party apps from the marketplace and they seem to work. However, with some disadvantages, besides the cost.
The functionality that gets completely lost when using apps from the marketplace are Smart links in Databases, which I really started to like.
I am really lost at this moment and welcome any kind of support.