Hello,I have a free subscription. When I go to my Jira site (https://jabrown.atlassian.net), I get an error message saying
"Page unavailable
Below is the most reliable way to get back to (or confirm the loss of) your Jira board.1. Confirm whether the site still existsEven if you previously had a Free Jira site, Atlassian deletes inactive Free sites after a long period (typically many months of no access).To confirm:Go to https://admin.atlassian.comClick Directory → DomainsCheck whether jabrown.atlassian.net appears anywhere under either organizationIf it does not appear at all, the site has been deleted and cannot be accessed anymore.2. Check you’re logged into the correct Atlassian accountMany users accidentally create multiple Atlassian accounts with different emails.Try this carefully:Log out completely from AtlassianGo to https://id.atlassian.com/loginLog in using every email address you may have usedAfter each login, go to https://admin.atlassian.com and check:Does a site appear?Does Jira appear under Apps?If the site exists under a different email, it will show up there.3. Why the “two organizations, no sites” situation happensThis usually occurs when:A Free Jira site was deleted due to inactivityAn organization remains, but sites are not restoredLogging in later creates a new empty organization with the same nameOrganizations ≠ sites. An org can exist with zero products and zero sites, which is what you’re seeing now.4. Atlassian Status is not the issueThe message you see points you to Atlassian Status, but this is misleading here.If Atlassian Status shows no outage (which is almost always the case), then:The site is missing or deletedThis is an account/data issue, not downtime5. Can Atlassian restore the Jira board?Sometimes — but only if the site was deleted recently.Do this immediately:Go to: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/Choose:JiraSite unavailableI can’t access my siteProvide:Site URL: jabrown.atlassian.netApproximate last time you accessed itConfirmation that it was a Free planThe email(s) you usedIf deletion was within Atlassian’s retention window, they may restore it. If it’s older, recovery is unfortunately not possible.6. If the site is gone permanentlyYou’ll need to create a new Jira site:Go to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/freeCreate a new site (you can reuse the name if it’s available)Recreate boards and issues manually (exports are only possible if the old site still exists)
Hi @Anuj Batta
Please review the community guidelines regarding posting bot / AI-generated content and disclosing sources:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/custom/page/page-id/rules-of-engagement
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill
Sure I will keep in mind
Hello @J_A_ Brown ,
Good day! Welcome to Atlassian Community
There could be 2 reasons why this message shows up:
However, I checked in the backend and dont see any trace of this site: ttps://jabrown.atlassian.net
I am checking internally the status of this site and will update you here.
Thank you!
Hello,Thank you for your answer.I might have inadvertently created two organisations. I used to have a site at the same address (jabrown.atlassian.net) that was deleted after long inactivity. But I created a new site with the same name last September, which I last used in October. That might explain the situation with the two organisations.
@Shalini Pradhan I will await the results of your check. Thank you for checking.
As you can see, the administration lists two organisations both named jabrown. Only the second shows that I was active in September and October, which makes sense because I created the Jira board in September. However, it also says "No sites found".
Good day! Our internal team confirmed the site was suspended due to inactivity on november 30, 2025 and deleted.
According to our documentation (https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/), when a free subscription is deactivated due to inactivity, there’s a 14‑day window to reactivate it before the data is permanently removed.
Hopefully this clarifies the situation.
Could you tell me what the maximum inactivity period is after which a site gets suspended?
I created the site in September and used it in October, as shown on the screenshot. One month of inactivity strikes me as a rather short time to suspend a site.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.