I have a common type of issue that arrives, that I'd like to handle via an event-based action. The hang-up seems to be that I need to include a variable/starts with type search criteria.
When I am editing the event-based action, the JQL accurately finds the issues that I'd expect it to, but when it's enabled and running, it doesn't, the logs say that the criteria weren't matched.
I have a similar Scheduled action for when I see we have several of these building up that I manually trigger, to swoop them up, assign and close. That works fine.
Below are the criteria I have in the JQL for each. I suspect it's the last one that is working on scheduled but not on event-based.
Event based (not working): (has the scope of the CMSS project in a separate line than the JQL)
reporter = "sender@company.com"
AND Summary ~ "COMPANY-PROD"
AND description ~ "Error Description: PO"
AND description ~ "Partner Name: Partner"
AND description ~ "SIC_COMPANY_PROD_Process_Translation_Outbound"
AND description ~ "Transaction Set: 810"
AND description ~ " - C*"
Scheduled (working):
project in (CMSS)
AND status IN ("Waiting for support")
AND assignee = EMPTY
AND description ~ "SIC_COMPANY_PROD_Process_Translation_Outbound"
AND description ~ "Transaction Set: 810"
AND description ~ "Partner Name: Partner"
AND description ~ "Error Description: PO"
AND description ~ " - C*"
The issues that match this pattern (and confirm in the Event-based JQL test when editing) DO match the reporter email address. The part of the error with "PO # - C1989" - the numbers after the C vary. I've tried having "Error Description: PO - C*" as one part of the JQL instead of split, but that didn't work at all, even as a scheduled action. When I split them as I have above, the scheduled one does work, but I haven't been able to get the event-based one to work. I have a different ruleset that looks for a very similar error where the variable part is a value that starts with 6. Like:
Error Description: PO# - 654378 found in the 856 document is not found in the PO database. Please check and reprocess the file with correct PO#.
Summary are like this:
[COMPANY-PROD] - Process Failure - WF Name -SIC_COMPANY_PROD_SFTP_PICKUP_SAP with WF ID: ########
Description are like this:
Process failed with following details:
Partner Name: Partner
Transaction Set: 810
Workflow Name: #########
Workflow ID: SIC_COMPANY_PROD_Process_Translation_Outbound
Filename: filename.xml
Status: Failed
Error Description: PO# - C1989 found in the 810 document is not found in the PO database. Please check and reprocess the file with correct PO#.
Dataflow ID: ########
Note: This is an automated system generated email. Please do not reply.
Any suggestions?