How do I add labels so they are visible in the backlog view?Below screenshot from guy on youtube who did it somehow.
Hi @Simon Knudsen
I found a community question that refered to this specifically (link), the steps were:
You can follow below steps for labels in backlog viewGo to Backlog view or Board viewClick the three dots in the top right cornerBoard Setting/ConfigurationCard LayoutIn the Backlog sectionChange the first dropdown to "Labels"Click AddClick Back to Board top right corner
You can follow below steps for labels in backlog view
Go to Backlog view or Board viewClick the three dots in the top right cornerBoard Setting/ConfigurationCard LayoutIn the Backlog sectionChange the first dropdown to "Labels"Click AddClick Back to Board top right corner
Please follow the instructions and let me know if you you have further questions.
Hopefully this helps you answer your inquiry, if so, please vote for it as the answer to your question.
Kind regards,David
Hi @David Freitez, thanks for your reply. I saw that question earlier as well. The problem is I can't find: "Board Setting/Configuration". If you have managed to find this, a screenshot would be very helpful. Thanks.
Hi @Simon Knudsen ,
You can achieve this by adding Labels field under backlog in the card layout.
Please click on Configure Board --> Under Layout , select Card Layout --> Under backlog section add Label field.
Hi @Sreenivasaraju P , thank you, but I can't find this. Can you show the path you took to get there? I recall I created this as "Team", not "Company", if that matters.
Hi, To get configuration option , you should have below permission.
To configure the board and any of its settings, you must be either:
a space administrator for the location of the board
a board administrator for the board itself
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-a-company-managed-board/
I would assume I would be the space administrator and board administrator, since I created the space and the board?
Hello @Simon Knudsen ,
In team-managed projects, you can find the "Board settings" here:
Andd for company-managed ones, here:
Note: the feature to add fields to card layouts is only available in company-managed projects.
Thanks @Izabela França ,I appreciate your short and precise answer with screenshots, not links to documentation.
@Simon Knudsen
You asked about advantages to creating a Company managed project versus a Team managed project.
The advantages depend on your perspective.
With Team Managed projects the users in the project's Administrator role have the ability to customize workflows, create custom fields, create custom issue types, and more. The customizations are contained within the project and can't be used by other projects.
With Company Managed projects the project Administrators don't have those permissions. Instead those configuration options are managed by Jira Product Admins. And the configuration options created by those admins can be shared between Company Managed projects.
Team managed projects give teams autonomy to configure the project to suit their needs.
Company managed projects are more advantageous when the organization wants to establish cross-project standards for ways of working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.