How to force Jira to NOT display URL as not URL?
As it ignores this:
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/link-preferences
setting.
Hi Selitsky,
Thanks for using Community. I am not quite sure I understand your question. What do you mean how to "NOT display URL as not URL"? Could you provide an example screenshot of what you see and then elaborate on what you are wanting to see?
Best,
Andy
Hi @Selitsky Paul
Welcome to the community.
What field are you using, description or comment field will set URL's as lnks based on the field are rich text based.
Is this your case?
Description.
Auto-substitution:
happens for URL copy-pasted from browser e.g. this URL
https://development.wppapp.work:4430/dashboard/sponsored-units/rules
Selitsky,
Thanks for the follow up. I think what you are looking for is Link Preferences which is set at the user level. How each user has this defined will control how the link is displayed. I tested this locally and if I changed my profile to use the "URL" option, when I pasted a link from the browser it just left the raw URL. Whereas if I had the "Inline" option selected it showed as the title of the page.
Does that sound like what you are looking for?
No, as I indicated in the original post - Jira happily ignores this setting.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.