There’s already a lot written about this, but I can’t figure it out. I’m looking for an answer to the question whether, with our team (one team) that works on multiple IT applications, we should use one project or rather a project per application.
I read that the principle is to use one project per team. However, in our case, we come from multiple teams that each worked on their own IT application (and therefore on separate projects), but this has now been merged into one team that works on multiple applications. Both options have pros and cons.
For me, the biggest disadvantage of working in different projects per application is that with our current license, we can’t use the timeline (we bundle the projects in 1 central project to use the active sprint board). We work in Scrum, and the sprints are created in the central project, which means the sprints are not shown on the individual projects, making the timeline hardly useful (we don’t work with start and end dates on tickets). On the other hand, it should also be immediately visible which application a ticket belongs to, and that seems harder to visualize with one project (possibly by using components, but I find that not very clear).
What would you advise?