As of December 22, 2025 While editing a page the Add button is missing in the editor. I can no longer add dividers, expand, code elements etc. This is preventing me from updating documentation, and I need it addressed ASAP!
@Dustin Blair On reading your question, I checked the 2 pages that I currently have open for editing. Indeed, the icon for inserting macros on the page is no longer showing on my editor toolbar. I cannot tell you whether this has been the case all day or not. I know that it was there when I took this screenshot on 17 Dec:
I see that I can still use the / hotkey to open the macro list though. Try typing a / to see if the list opens for you to search for and select the macro you want.
Hello @Dustin Blair
As a community of user we can ask you questions to help debug the scenario and offer advice, but we don't have access to your instance.
Have you reported this problem to the administrators of your Confluence instance?
Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing?
Hi Trudy, I have not reported this to our Confluence Admin, and I don't think I will now, given that another user from another company (Thanks Barbera S. for confirming!) has already corroborated this, illustrating this is now apparent at more than one of the customers.
Thanks for confirming this bug, Barbara. Also, thanks for the advice on using the hotkey to open the macro list.
I can only assume; Once again, Atlassian has moved a button for no particular reason other than to frustrate users (please STOP messing with the UI placement and actually implement new features and fix other issues).
Put your cursor on a line, the macro/insert button is now a plus on new lines (and has a non-intuitive search ability to boot)
Thanks for chiming in Tussca. Frustrating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.