Question
I’m trying to understand whether Jira Automation supports running a manual automation rule on multiple selected issues from a board.
What works:
I can create a Manual trigger automation rule.
I can run that rule on a single issue.
On a board, I can multi-select issues and I do see “Run automation” as an action.
What doesn’t work:
When configuring the automation rule, I do not see any option to run the rule on selected issues.
Specifically, I do not see a branch option like “Issues selected in manual trigger” (only “Current issue”, “Parent”, etc.).
What I’ve already tried:
Project-scoped (not global) automation
Company-managed projects
Manual trigger added before branching
Adding a Branch rule / related issues
Running the rule from a board and issue navigator
Verified admin permissions
My question:
Is it actually possible in Jira Cloud today to configure a manual automation rule that runs against multiple issues selected on a board?
Or is the “Run automation” board action limited to single-issue context, with no true multi-issue support in Automation?
If this is not supported:
Looking for confirmation of current product behavior, not workarounds unless that’s the only option.