
I am trying to update the page status of a Confluence page using REST APIs. Currently, I am able to fetch the page status successfully using the following API:
GET /wiki/rest/api/content/{pageId}/state.
This API returns the current status of the page (for example: Outdated, In progress, etc.), and it works as expected. However, when I try to update the page status using the following API:
PUT /wiki/rest/api/content/{pageId}/state
I receive the error below: Invalid status 'Outdated'. The status must be one of [current, draft]. From the error message, it appears that this API only supports updating the content state (current or draft), and not the page status values that are visible in the Confluence UI (such as Outdated, In progress, Ready for review, etc.).
My questions are:
Is there any REST API available to update the Confluence page status (the same status shown in the UI)?
If yes, which API should be used to update statuses like Outdated or In progress?
Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated.