I am trying to have an email go out to the Assignee based on a list generated from a lookup. If I put in an email address manually it sends fine. If I choose Assignee I receive the error in the attached screenshot. We have verified there are indeed items that fall under the criteria in the lookup that should go out to the Assignee. Is there something I am missing to make sure it knows how to email the Assignee on any given ticket? I am also attaching a screenshot of my send email action.
Thanks!
Hi @Jeren Wunder
The cause of that error is your rule's Scheduled trigger does not have JQL, and thus does not supply an assignee to get the email address.
Do you want to send emails to each assignee with their specific work items?
If so, please see this knowledgebase article which describes the complete rule to do this:
https://support.atlassian.com/automation/kb/automation-rule-to-send-single-email-for-all-issues-per-assignee-due-next/
Please note well: to do this, the trigger does not use JQL as that is handled by the lookup actions.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Jeren! What is the trigger for the automation?
Hello, it is a Lookup. Here is the code it is using and I will attach a screenshot of the entire rule.
status in ("In Progress", "Waiting for Support", "Waiting for Customer", "Support Review", "Waiting for Vendor", "Waiting for Approval", "Development Review") AND updated <= -30d
Thank you. I think I figured it out using this article.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.