Hi everyone,
I’m facing a confusing behavior with Time Tracking on sub-tasks in Jira Service Management (Company-managed project).
Here is the situation:
Time tracking is enabled on the project
I need to use the Time tracking feature
On sub-tasks, the field Original Estimate is not added to any screen (create/edit/view)
However, Original Estimate still appears on the issue:
This raises a few questions for me:
Is it possible to use time tracking without Original Estimate on sub-tasks?
Is there a way to fully remove or disable Original Estimate while keeping time tracking enabled?
Or is this a system limitation where Original Estimate is always active as long as time tracking is enabled, even if it’s not on the screen?
I understand that Original Estimate is a system field, but the current behavior is confusing since the field is not visible/editable yet still present.
Any clarification or best practice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!