Requirement:
Approach
But loks like GET priority schemes expects user to be part of jira-admins group otherwise API does not return any priority schemes
Is that the pre-requisite for this end point? this is posing challenge that we always have to use an admin user credentials..Is there any other way to Get list of priorities availble for a project? We are using this approach because Issue Priorities end point is marked deprecated
Hello @Naveenkumar Goudar
But looks like GET priority schemes expects user to be part of jira-admins group
As stated in that endpoint's documentation:
Permissions required: Permission to access Jira.Data Security Policy: Exempt from app access rules
Permissions required: Permission to access Jira.
Hi @Naveenkumar Goudar
You can ask for that by this API - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-createmeta-projectidorkey-issuetypes-issuetypeid-get
No admin rights needed.
Regards,
Seba
But I have tested in our test acount if I remove user from jira-admins-<> group then it does not return any priority schemes
Hello @Sebastian Krzewiński
Can you provide a detailed example of how to use that endpoint you recommended to get a list of priorities availlable for a project.
Thanks
But this is for specific issuetype .. we need to get them for a project, not specific to issuetype
If I had to guess, it's probably a mistake in the documentation about Basic Auth permissions and I recommend that you then try using OAuth 2.0 style authentication and test with the documented scope:
OAuth 2.0 scopes required:Classic: manage:jira-configuration
manage:jira-configuration
*.priority-scheme:jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.