Hi all,
I'm pulling my hair out.
Situation:
I have multiple (6) custom dropdown fields, and the options for each of these fields is slightly different alphanumeric text - but they all start with "3.", "2." or "1."
Goal:
I am trying to create an automation rule, that:
- Uses multiple variable actions to extract the first characters/digits from each field option
- Runs another variable action, to add these values together
- Then an IF/ELSE statement to set another dropdown field (based on the total value)
Problem:
I can't seem to make this automation work. I keep getting this error:
"Unable to render smart values when executing this rule:
Missing parameter(s) for operator +u: + + + + +"
I've tried various different smart value functions: .split, .char(0) etc. But none has worked correctly. The only time I don't get this error, is when I add a "0" to the total variable action.. But this just lets the automation run successfully, while not totaling the number values correctly.
Please help gurus!