How do I use this link once I've copied it?
Hello @Janet Shuey
You can copy the link of the pages and spaces. How did you copy the link of the header?
Hi @Janet Shuey
You can paste the link to the header on any page in Confluence or Jira. Just be aware that if you copy the header in "Edit mode" the link will open the page in "Edit mode".
It is cleaner to copy the link in "view" mode not to confuse the user
Best regards,/Staffan
If you copy the link (in view mode) and paste it anywhere on a Confluence page it is converted to a smartlink. You can choose to display the link as a URL, Inline, Card or embedd a card with a preview of the link.
If you type /link you can paste the link and choose what should be displayed as the link text. It is the same as you show in you picture above.
I'm using a PC, not a MAC, so /link doesn't work. Are you telling me there's a way to paste a link in VIEW MODE??
I've pasted the link in the field (as in earlier picture) with and without the # sign. None of it is working.
@Janet Shuey here is some great documentation on header links. https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-links-and-anchors/ Ultimately you would use the link just as you would any other link in Confluence. The difference is that the link will take you to the header on the page that you linked to.
@Janet Shuey I believe that the advice is to copy the link to the heading when viewing the page, rather than when editing it.
Then, while editing the page where you want to insert the link, you would:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.