Hello - I would like to add spacing or snips between each line of my numbered lists. But when I do that, it restarts the following line back at 1.
If I add snips on the same line as the text, the snips can only be the size of the line - making the snips smaller. It also makes it so the text, snip, text sandwich is SO close together with no line spacing between lines. This makes it hard to read.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
I can't have the numbers restart at 1. And if I manually type in the correct line number (say it's 57.) then if I ever need to change something prior to line 57, all the numbers after that will be off (it does not update).
Please help!
I would like it to look like the attached photo. Notice how there is a lot of spacing between the snips and the numbered lines. The snips are on their own line and I am able to center them which I like. But in this photo example, I had to write each numbered line out manually and they do not update if I delete or add a line. 
I have seen on other posts that people reccommend this:
- In the next blank paragraph, click the numbered list button to get a numbered paragraph with 1.
- Press Backspace to remove the number.
- Type 4. and press Space. This restarts your list with 4 (use whatever number you need).
- Repeat these steps everywhere you need to continue your list numbering (using the appropriate numbering style for the list level).
This method ONLY works if you plan to Never change anything after it has been published. Say I have a list of 150 numbered lines for some technical writing and say I need to later on delete line 57. Well, line 57 will be gone, but it does not correct all the remaining lines. It will simply go from line 56 to line 58.