Their is many duplicate ticket and Task epic I wanted to delete those kindly give permission to delete those Tickets and Epic
Hi and Welcome, You can delete epics and stories only if your account has the “Delete Issues” permission (company-managed projects) or the ability to “Empty trash” (team-managed projects). Ask a Jira admin to add your group/role to that permission in the project’s Permission Scheme (company-managed) or grant you “Project admin / Member with delete rights” in Project settings → Access (team-managed).BRKai
Hi Aparna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First, it is rarely good to delete tickets. You should not provide that permission to anyone except Jira Admins in my opinion. You should add a new status to your workflow for Canceled or Aborted or Duplicate or something like that. But sure to add a rule in the transition to the new status to set the Resolution field to Won't Do or something like that.
However, I find myself deleting some tickets that I am positive were testing tickets for verifying a new process or are truly duplicates by mistake - not that they came in from different people reporting the same problem. The main reason I do the delete is to prevent it from skewing metrics.
So, if you have to delete, change the permission scheme on the space to edit the Delete work item permission (Delete issue for JSM projects) and use the Jira Admins group or a single user like yourself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.