New bug as of december 10th:
When duplicating a page, it immediately gets published. Edit Dec 19th: a Bug report was created: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-83404
Hey all,
they resolved my support ticket this morning:
I have checked with Devs, and they confirmed that the behaviour where a duplicate page was getting created as published was a regression and they have fixed the issue now. You can try creating a duplicate page; it will be created as a draft.
I've just tested it in my instance and it works again as it should creating a draft while duplicating pages
Hi @Eddy Witkamp
Welcome to the community.
I can't reproduce this, tried it on multiple Confluences.
On my end they are drafts, until published.
Is there an automation rule active on the space, that triggers this?
All of my colleagues have the same issue (in Chrome Browser) leading to everyone receiving emails when they're tagged.Where do I look for automation triggers?As said, this wasn't an issue before and everyone is getting spammed with emails with info that's not complete, because people get no chance to write a Draft.
Reading your comment, I am assuming someone had triggered an automation rule in your space. To see the automation rules, you will need to get added as one of the admin of the space your Confluence wiki is located.
Below is an example screenshot of the location to see the Automation rules:
I hope this helps!
Thanks,Anwesha
@Eddy Witkamp In case it's not an automation rule, are you maybe duplicating a Live Doc, rather than a Page? Live Docs don't have a draft/publish paradigm.
@Anwesha Pan
" No rules created yet
Let Automation take care of the busywork, so your team can focus on work that matters. Create your own automation rules, or browse our rules library to get started."
No, it's pages.
Nothing changed in my space, this started happening all of a sudden.
New info: apparently only SOME users are affected by this bug, others in the space are getting a draft when duplicated.It's very annoying and I would like to know a fix..
Try clearing your browser cache/history or disable any browser plugins.
Also you can try another browser or an incognito window.
@Marc -Devoteam- I have the same problem.
I generated the pages (not Live Doc) manually by Duplicate button, no automation used.
Before I could make a duplicate of a page and it was a draft. Now it gets automatically published with the name "Duplicate of..." and all the people mentioned (in previous page) get an e-mail notification for the (incomplete/draft) page, with old information. It stays as draft, when I use + sign to make a new page.
It's happening on multiple PC's, so it's not a machine issue.No browser plugins installed on Chrome.Chrome Incognito mode does the same thing.
Microsoft Edge browser shows the same.
It's not a user issue @Marc -Devoteam-
@Marc -Devoteam- see....it's affecting multiple users
Hi @Jaanika Teearu and @Eddy Witkamp
Raise an issue with Atlassian Support, as on the fprum we can't access or see your instance logging.
I can't reproduce this, on instances I sue, I still see the Duplicated page in Draft.
We experiencing exactly the same issues. It started approx. 1 - 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we simulated the issue where a local space admin duplicated a page and the page was directly published. Me as a Site admin still got the draft when duplicating a page in the same space. Today I'm also not able to reproduce this anymore. The page is always published after creating the duplicate.
Deleting the browser cache also did not solve the problem.
Any ideas?
@Marc -Devoteam-
My Admin confirmed the bug, it happens when the Space that you are using is created by a user that is now Deactivated
Hello,
I'm having the same issue, and I've reported this to Atlassian Support
- No automations were set up that could cause this
- The issue is happening in different spaces, including my personal space
- No Live Docs are being used; this is happening with pages
Hopefully, it will be fixed soon, as it's creating some constraints.
Good news Can confirm, creating a duplicate is working now as before. Duplicated page is in draft status.
Yes, I saw that it now creates a draft again! Thanks for the help.
Do you happen to have the link to the support ticket (if it's public)?
Hi, no it is not public. I created it at the Atlassian support.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.