Hi there community ✌🏼,
I want to have an automation rule which gets triggered by new or removed issue links, which then fetches all linked issues and puts it into a multi-line text field.
The output in the text field should display a filtered and sorted list (by issue type) of the linked issues.
Therefor I made use of the trigger "When: issue linked" for "All link types" and then the action with the smart value code (bellow ⬇️).
In principle this works already, but I found out that apparently THE TRIGGER 🛫 does NOT work vor "All link types". It seems like it's only working for outward links I add to the issue like
and is NOT working for new links with type
- is blocked by
- is caused by
- is linked by
- is cloned by
- …
Note 1: I already found this article "How to update the list of linked issues into a multiline text custom field." But I only need the link-list in the source issue and not in the destination issues, so I assume a won't need a branch in my automation rule.
Note 2: The linked issues do come from two other Jira projects and I made sure I set the scope of the rule to these projects (just in case)
Note 3: For removed issue links I setup a separate rule and it is getting triggered as expected
Master @Bill Sheboyany idea? ;-)
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"XXX")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"XXX")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("IMAGE-"), equals(issuetype.name,"YYY")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("IMAGE-"), equals(issuetype.name,"YYY")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Design")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Design")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Master")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Master")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Adaption")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
{{#if(and(key.startsWith("PACPP-"), equals(issuetype.name,"Adaption")))}}
{{key}} ({{customfield_10034}})
{{/}}
{{/}}
………… and this procedure for 3 more issue types ………