I have 10 linked databases that I am leveraging and want to be able to summarize everything up to the highest level. I am having issues showing a backlink when the object is not linked directly in the underlying database (even though it is an option within the database as a "Entry details" field). I want to confirm that I need to add the specific database field to everything (NOT IDEAL as a user can then select a wrong option) or if there is another way to accomplish.
Details (let's say I have 3 databases)
1. Forms - form name is the object here that I want to summarize everything up to
2. Form Version- form version name is the object identifier and I have a field with "Form" that is an "Entry Link"
3. Form Version Landing Page Routing - here I have the user document what landing pages are used by the form version. There is a field "Form Version Name" that is an "Entry Link" to the Form Version database. I then have a "Entry details" field that shows me the FOrm Name
I want to summarize the landing page/version combos for my form within the Forms database. I added a "Entry Backlink" but do not see any options when I selet the "Form Version Landing Page Routing' database. It looks like the backlink only goes to one level.
My concern is that if i have the user select the "Form Name" as a "Entry Link" within Form Version Landing Page Routing, they can choose a different one than the one that exists within "Form Version". But, to properly roll-up to the Forms it looks like i have to do this.
Is this true or is there another way to accomplish this multi-layer roll-up through linked databases?