I would like to see how much data we are currently using and then free up space accordingly for Confluence. It is not clear where to do this or whether I even have proper access.
My answers normally start off with some API based trick. Not this time. I've never seen this docimentation so I'd suggest starting here. Looks like good stuff and if you can't do some of what it suggests, you probably aren't an admin (or don't have premium conflunce - which appears to be require for this specific feature)
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-your-content-tree/
Hi @ChrisP_SD ,
Welcome to the Community! This article has information on how to manage storage in Confluence. You must be a Confluence admin to view and track your storage, so if you can follow the instruction, that means you're an admin :-).
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-your-storage-usage/
Hi Carlos,
Thank you for the reply to my question. I did see the instructions you sent in your link when searching for this help topic but following the instructions leads to contradictory indications as to whether I actually have access to manage our team's Confluence settings. For example, I am not able to access Confluence inside of the Administration tab, however my user name has an "Organization admin" label next to it. So am I an admin or not?
If I am and admin, why is the "Product" tab missing at the top of the Administration menu?
Thanks David, in the link, it says the content manager is a tool available to "Confluence Premium" and "Enterprise" accounts. I think we are on a "free" account.
Hello @ChrisP_SD
The Admin interface has changed and the documentation provided by @Carlos Garcia Navarro has not yet been updated. Rather than there being tabs across the top, now there is the navigation panel on the left.
The correct path to get to Storage management in the screens you see is described here:
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/
If your user has Organization Admin access then you will be an admin for the Organization and able to access the storage information.
Thanks, @Trudy P Claspill !
Answer #2 :-)
There are different levels or types of Admins. There is some good documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/
Consider a use case where your Jira Admin may need to be restricted from sensitive information like HR detail.
It sounds like you need to be a space admin: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/
I can't say for sure which page in the user-management / docs will give you exactly what you need. A "trick" I have used with clients in the past is to tell whoiever is setting me up to set me up with the same permissions as "X" assuming somone (X) has access like I need to get a task complete.
Happy org /role hunting :-)
@Trudy P Claspill thanks for that clarification about how to access Storage Management. I can get to the menu specified in the instructions (see screenshot above), but I don't see any apps. Per @David Nickell 's suggestion, maybe I need to ask if someone else on our team can grant access to the apps?
You are not in the correct location to find Storage information.
Based on your screen image your Organization has Centralized User Management as described at the beginning of the reference document I linked.
In that document if you go to the section titled How do I track storage for each app? then you will see in step 2 that you need to click on Apps in the left hand side. There is no instruction to navigate to the Users area. After selecting Apps, then select your Site, then under Site Settings, select Storage.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.