I am trying to migrate from a local JIRA running 5.2.11 into the OnDemand version. I have:
- Exported as XML from the local JIRA
- Backed up the data folder (attachements) from local JIRA
- Imported into OnDemand
- I got an error that a Active Directory could not be imported.
- I found this guide and made active="0" for the AD
- Imported again into Ondemand
- I got "This archive doesn't contains any valid JIRA Export file"
- I got a refresh copy of the export xml and tried deleteing the Directory line instead
- Imported again into Ondemand
- I got "This archive doesn't contains any valid JIRA Export file"
- I went back to the original exported XML
- Imported again into Ondemand
- I got "This archive doesn't contains any valid JIRA Export file"
- I installed 5.2.11 onto my local machine and imported
- I got to the validation page where it listed the additional Issue Types and Fields that needed to be defined before I could continue with the import.
Because uploading the same file returned different error messages I suspect there is some caching going on with the import.
My OnDemand instance is: https://iains-trial.atlassian.net