Hello,
Need some automation expertise here. I have 2 automations that are working perfectly, but can't figure out how to bridge the gap between them:
Automation 1:
When work item is created (SALES-1), create 2 additional work items (OPS-1 and OPS-2), and link them to the trigger issue (SALES-1). This is working perfectly. SALES-1 and OPS-1 and OPS-2 are now all successfully linked together.
Automation 2:
When original work item (SALES-1) is transitioned, create 2 more additional work items (MARKETING-1 and MARKETING-2), and link them to the trigger issue (SALES-1). This is also working perfectly.
So now we have SALES-1 linked to OPS-1, OPS-2, MARKETING-1 and MARKETING-2.
OPS-1 and OPS-2 are linked together as well, as are MARKETING-1 and MARKETING-2, but the OPS and MARKETING items are not linked together.
What I need:
On Automation 2, I want to link the newly created work items (MARKETING-1 and MARKETING-2) to the originally created work items from Automation 1 (OPS-1 and OPS-2). Right now they are only linked to the original trigger issue (SALES-1), but I can't seem to find a way to tell Jira to look at all items linked to SALES-1, and link the new items to those.
Basically, after Automation 2, I want everything that was created with both automations to all be linked together, so you can bounce back and forth between all items.
I'm currently using a Branch for: Linked Work items, Types: All link types and then an Add Link work item to: "Trigger work item". I suspect there is a smart value I could replace "Trigger work item" with on the Link action that would find everything else that was linked to the trigger item (SALES-1), but I've tried several and none seem to work.
Help!