How do I produce a list of all Jira Project Spaces - either via JQL or export to CSV / Excel ?
Ideally this list should include owner, create date, last updated date and last viewed date.
Reason: To archive or delete unused Jira projects
Hello, Good day. One option to try the following REST API call.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-search-get
Good evening. I have long stated that JIRA can be self documenting by using the REST APIs as @Mohanraj Thangamuthu suggests. The problem is REST APIs can be complicated and if your job is producing widgets, you may not have time to write API Calls....
Last night in the community I "finally" put a downloadable version of my Work Item Excel on my website. Tonight, I got a bit lazy and simply added the Project List to that same XLS. I'll separate the Configuration calls (projects, statuses, dashboards, portals, etc) before the weekend is up.
In the meantime - you may want to go to the download page on my Website, watch the Youtube(s) on API Tokens and the Work Item Extracts, then download Version 2 of the Work Ietm Extract and run it. The project list is made available as a 3rd tab in the XLS.
https://splitdimedata.com/downloads
The Better Excel Exporter app has an Excel export template called "project export".
With that template you can export your projects to a spreadsheet like this:
It seems it contains all the information you look for, but "last viewed". I think that this piece isn't even available in Jira as column, you can only know when the current user last viewed a work item, not "anybody".
(Discl. this paid and supported app is developed by our team. Free for 10 users!)
Hi Aron. Thanks - but correct me if I'm wrong .... your app can't be inidividually assigned to users in our Jira instance i.e. it has to be purchased / subscribed for ALL our users....... even if only 1 or 2 need it for this administration type use case of mine above ? That would be $300USD per month per 100 users wouldn't it ?
@Michael Green Unfortunately, Atlassian licensing does not support the "buy for a limited set of users" at the moment. (As far as I know they are planning something like that, but it is not available yet.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.