Hi there,
I am exploring the JIRA automation platform to figure out its capabilities for future projects, integrating our HR software to pull data into JIRA automatically. I am however stuck trying to parse a JSON array of arbitrary that takes the form of
``` [ {ID: Value, ID2: value2}, {ID: Value, ID2: Value2} ] ```
As a JSON array, there is no field name for the array itself, so I am a bit tripped up figuring out how to access its data using smart values. The format of this JSON response cannot be changed.
I am attempting to use a for each loop using the smart value {{webResponse.body}}, however this has not worked. Logging the outcome of this for each loop, it just passes the entire JSON object without splitting it into multiple objects. I have attempted to use {{JSONStringtoObject(webResponse.body)}} which also did not work, and prevents the log action from returning anything readable.
I assume I'm missing something simple about how Jira Smart Values work here, especially since I am able to parse/iterate through the same JSON without issue in JavaScript, so any help would be appreciated, thank you!