I have two use cases where I am inserting accountid literals in jira automation rules:
- The process being automated requires a particular person to be pinged or assigned to a work item (independent of any context available to that specific work item).
- Error-handling branches add a comment @ the initiator with me CC'd as a followup mention so they know what step they missed and who to contact if they're unable to resolve the problem themselves.
In both of these cases, rules will need updating if the person filling the role changes. Case 1 is more general, whereas case 2 could be solvable if there's a smart value for referencing the rule owner user.
I have had a similar problem in the past when creating JQL filters, and I solved it by having separate filters where the literal accountids would go, and using these as filter=###### in other filters.
Is there a similar trick I can use for automation, to only have literal values defined in one place for better maintainability? I'm hoping for something like space-global smartvalues, or a way to include a set of predefined smartvalues into my rules' scopes.