Atlassian now advises all integrations towards a central 3LO OAuth model using a proxy app.(https://www.atlassian.com/blog/developer/building-secure-and-scalable-integrations-our-guidance-for-third-party-apps).Currently our customers use PAT for authentication. We plan to migrate to the proxy app by mid-February 2026.Question:1. Can we keep using PAT or OAuth using a custom app till mid-Febrauary '26?
2. Given we plan to migrate to 3LO proxy app, would you recommend moving from "PAT" authentication to "OAuth using custom app" in the meanwhile? (before our planned move to 3LO in mid-Feb)
@LewsTherin ,
Good day! Welcome to Atlassian Community
Please share your cloud site URL for us to create a support ticket on your behalf.
Thank you
Hi Lews,
It is probably best that you open a support ticket with Atlassian for their help/guidance on this one.
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Best of luck!
Hi John, Thanks for the reply!It seems I need a Jira standard license to be able to open a support ticket. I don't have a Jira standard license but I do have many customers who are licensed and use my integration to connect with ServiceNow.Is there any other way I can open ticket or request guidance?
Sorry - I forgot to check that you were on the Free subscription. Let me see if I can get someone from Atlassian to come here. If you don't hear anything in 2 business days, add a bump here for me.
https://jiraextint.atlassian.net/Thank you!
@LewsTherin
Hi, I checked the site and I dont see your name listed anywhere, neither as users or Site admin. Can you share the user name with which we can raise the support ticket?
Can you use "Sai Shekhar". Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.