Hi everyone,
I’m working on a company-managed Jira project, and I'm struggling with the layout of the issue view.
What I want to achieve
I want the issue view to look compact, similar to the older Jira layout—
where the right-side Details panel is narrow, and the whole issue fits neatly on one page.
The problem
In my current setup, the right-side Details panel is very wide and takes too much space.
Even after hiding unnecessary fields, the layout still looks stretched and oversized.
What I’ve already tried
Reconfigured Work Item Layout
Edited Screens / Screen Schemes
Removed unnecessary fields
Moved fields across sections
Created a new test company-managed project
Tried using the “Configure” option inside the issue view
Looked for any “Compact Issue View” option
Nothing helped so far — the layout still remains large.
My question
👉 Is there any way to reduce the width of the right Details panel or to enable a compact issue layout in a company-managed project?
👉 Is this behavior fixed in the new Jira issue view, or can it be customized?