Hello Atlassian community!
I need a sanity check, so I'm migrating a few hundred projects from DC to Cloud over phases, I'm planning to do the following:
Phase 1: Migrating 1 "cloned" project of every workflow scheme/workflow to Cloud so myself and my team can start configuring workflows early in Cloud. Those cloned projects will not have any tickets. I'm doing this solely to migrate shared project config as well as apps (JWT, JSU, and Scriptrunner)
Phase 2: Migrating about 400 projects with all tickets. Those projects would share the same as one of the cloned projects from phase 1 above:
- Workflow Scheme
- Screen Scheme
- Issue Type Scheme
- Priority Scheme
- Field Configuration Scheme
Timing here would be phase 1 in the next two weeks or so, and phase 2 would be a week or so before actual organization switch over to cloud to maintain ticket integrity.
My question here, since I'm not personally responsible for configuring all JIRA workflow schemes (My team and I are responsible for the bulk majority, but there's about 4 other workflow schemes that other teams are responsible for). If between phase 1 and 2 some of those workflows change, what's gonna happen when I do phase 2 of the migration?
I tested this with my sandbox instance in cloud, where I had already made changes to workflows migrated from DC, I then went to DC, cloned a project using the same workflow scheme in cloud, and migrated as is, nothing changed in cloud except adding the new project to a cloned workflow scheme (which honestly that would be great if this is what'll happen. My team and I want to have enough time to update the workflows in cloud, and don't want the original non cloud friendly workflows from DC to overwrite the changes we make in cloud).
Is this what's actually going to happen? Does anyone have experience doing something similar where you migrated just the "configuration" of your projects (by cloning), update your migrated workflows in cloud to make them cloud friendly, and then after some time migrate the actual projects utilizing the same named workflows?